Monday 9 June 2008

Monday Movie Music #1: Falling Once, Slowly



I like watching movies. And I like it when a movie has a great song in exactly the right place. And because people don't usually watch movies on Mondays (and for want of a better reason other than the fact that 'Monday' starts with 'M' just like 'Movie' and 'Music'), I hereby dedicate every Monday to songs in movies I like.

First up, Once. Yes, the movie that won that Oscar for Best Song. I Not-Reviewed the movie on EoE before, so I won't talk about the movie. But its a nice little movie. Go watch it.

Anyway, it says a lot about the music in the movie that I actually went out and bought the soundtrack album IMMEDIATELY after watching the movie. It's mostly guitar driven singer-songwriter stuff by Glen Hansard, and my favorites has to be Lies, When Your Mind's Made Up and of course, Falling Slowly. I especially like it when Markéta Irglová is singing along as well.

I'm not going to post Falling Slowly here. Instead, I'll post my actual favorite from the whole album: Lies. It's a little slow at first, but the pay-off is the bridge and the chorus, which I just could not get out of my head after watching the movie.

Go watch the movie! It's on GSC International Screens for now, but donno how long its gonna be on! And after that, go get the soundtrack, it's awesome!

Downloads

Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová - Lies (from the Once OST, 2007)


All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only, and will only be available for upload for a maximum of two weeks. Please read the disclaimer before you download!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9 June 2008 at 23:15 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved the movie n the soundtrack! fave song has gotta be er... i can't decide... love the whole album! ;p btw, m glad u started this blog. keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home