Tuesday 10 June 2008

We All Listen To a Mellow Submarine



I seem to be listening to a lot more full albums these days than just the individual songs on the albums. By that, I mean I've been listening to these albums - ALL THE SONGS, mind - on loop for at least three or four times before changing. The Submarine's Honeysuckle Weeks was one that I had on rotation a couple of weeks ago, wrote a post about, and then promptly forgot about the draft.

Anyway, the album consists of very catchy catchy sweet sweet indie pop, and it's yet another of those bands with both male AND female vocals that I seem to be attracted to these days. the female vocals are sweet and crisp, while the guy's voice is close enough to my kind of pitch to be highly suitable to sing in the car.

Xavia is my favorite song. It's the kind of song I've always liked - mid-tempo, with a catchy chorus, uplifitng and nice to sing along to as well. The same ALMOST goes for You, Me, & The Bourgeoisie, except that it's sung mostly by the girl, so I can't sing along to it as much. But it's still catchy though. But just don't ask me what a Bourgeoisie is.

Anyway, after a couple days of heavy rotation, I got a little sick of the songs, to tell the truth. There's only so much sweet indie pop I can stand in one go. But I still have the following two songs on rotation on my 'Must Play' playlist though. Go figure.


Downloads

Submarines, The - Xavia (from Honeysuckle Weeks, 2008)
Submarines, The - You, Me, & The Bourgeoisie (from Honeysuckle Weeks, 2008)


All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only, and will only be available for upload for a maximum of two weeks. Please read the disclaimer before you download!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10 June 2008 at 18:08 , Blogger chris said...

got listen to their first album? it's pretty damn good also

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home