Friday 20 June 2008

It's Official. The Death Cab is a Cutie for Singapore

It's Official.

Death Cab For Cutie will be in Singapore on 12 August.



(thanks Reta for the heads up!)


Death Cab for Cutie: Live in Singapore
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Time: 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Location: Esplanade Concert Hall

I'm half-tempted to boycott the damn thing just to show 'em who's boss. I don't even like their new album all that much anyway. However, the reality is that Singaporean (and Malaysian) fans of The O.C. will flock to it anyway, so my noble gesture would ultimately be a supremely futile one. Plus I really want to hear Marching Bands of Manhattan live.

So yes, I'll probably be one of those suckers who will be joining Reta for the show. And to paraphrase her, who else wants to join our Malaysian contingent eh?

But if they really do retain the bloody 4-minute intro for I Will Possess Your Heart during the show, I think I'll start booing. Talk about a bloody waste of precious concert time, man...


Downloads:

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart (from Narrow Stairs, 2008)
Death Cab For Cutie - Marching Bands of Manhattan (from Plans, 2006)


All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only, and will only be available for upload for a maximum of two weeks. Please read the disclaimer before you download!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 20 June 2008 at 17:29 , Blogger Reta said...

When I first heard IWPYH, I went, 'what, bring out the vocals already!' but if you just lave it for a while, you'll actually won't mind it much. I think i'd like to hear them do the intro for 2 minutes. Wait, make that a minute la. =) So, $148 ticket?

 
At 20 June 2008 at 18:40 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I reckon the 4 minute intro sets the mood. :P

 
At 20 June 2008 at 19:30 , Blogger eyeris said...

Alynna: Not if it's LIVE!

REta: yeah. 148. probably. I think. fuck it, yes.

 
At 21 June 2008 at 09:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider another perspective...maybe the Malaysian promoter wanted a higher profit margin and hence could not give DCFC as good an offer...see you in Singapore.....

 
At 21 June 2008 at 09:59 , Blogger marineko said...

....damn it.
i'll be in HK that weekend.

 
At 26 June 2008 at 11:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, as much as i hate travelling to SG, i'm just gonna thank the stars they're coming to this part of town.

I went for Damien Rice in SG and it was fucking awesome. I went for Muse in KL and it blows balls to hell. The sound quality was shit. The audio mixing was horrible.

I dont know why we keep losing out to SG.

But yes, lets go together boys. 148 it is for me. I hope they play Trans.

 
At 9 July 2008 at 11:34 , Blogger Dils said...

damn wedding budget.

This year I am riding on a tight budget month per month. 148SGD + travel + accommodation.......

I simply can't. If its next year or last year,...sigh.

So want to hear Marching Band in Manhattan live.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home