Wednesday 18 June 2008

Recycled Post of The Day: Goldfrapp Breathes the Most Gorgeous Pop Song Of the Year



Yes, it's Goldfrapp again. If you also read my other blog, Eye on Everything, you'll have read this following post before, and know that I've written about them before too.

So... welcome to the Recycled Post of the Day!

Here, I shall recycle some of the past music posts I posted on EoE before, this time complete with the mp3 files for download.

The idea for this so-called coloumn is because:
  1. I used to think that some of my past music posts on EoE throughly deserved to have the songs for download as well.
  2. I can't be arsed to think of new things to post here ALL THE TIME.

So, without further ado, here's that old post on THE MOST favorite song of mine this year.. Goldfrapp's A&E!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Goldfrapp Breathes the Most Gorgeous Pop Song Of the Year

(Originally posted at Eye on Everything on 22 February 2008)



My latest obsession: Goldfrapp.

Didn't used to like them before, but one day, an odd thing happened. I actually listened to ONE SONG non-stop, on loop, for almsot an entire day.

I repeated Goldfrapp's A&E for god knows how long - that same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And I'm still listening to it even right now as I type this.



I'd never really gotten into Golfrapp before, because I'm not THAT fond of electronica, and their last album - Supernature - was mostly dance-oriented. But A&E is such a perfect pop song for me that I went out and bought their Seventh Tree album just based on that one song.

For me, it's the best song I've heard so far this year. The tendering intro, the soaring instrumentals, the uplifting refrain and chorus, and of course, that gorgeous, gorgeous voice of Alison Goldfrapp just BREATHING through the song... it's the sexiest vocals I've heard in a song since like... FOREVER.

Go download it. You won't regret it.

Downloads:

Goldfrapp - A&E (from Seventh Tree, 2008)


All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only, and will only be available for upload for a maximum of two weeks. Please read the disclaimer before you download!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home