Tuesday 24 June 2008

Moments of Musiclarity: Details in The Mraz Fabric

Moments of musiclarity is where I post songs with my so-called 'musiclarity' moments. For more on this made-up word, go HERE.




Ah, Jason Mraz. I remember when I went to the Mosaic Music Festival two or three years ago, and I saw this dude at the hotel lobby looking a little lost. I wanted to go over to him and say "Yo Jason, waiting for your rocket to land?", but I figured that having wished Erlend Øye good luck on his show in the elavator; and asked Eirik Glambek Bøe what was wrong with his guitar at the taxi stand, I'd already used up my quota for talking to famous musicians.

But anyway, Mr A-Z has a new album, and I kinda like this song in it that features (a definition that could mean anything from the 'featured dude' singing backup vocals, rapping, or mere playing the xylaphone on the record) James Morrison.

It's not just the tune, it's the lyrics that got me most. I like cool lyrics that roll of the tongue nicely, and in this one, its this particular line that is my personal moment of musiclarity...

If you’re shocked it's just the fault of faulty manufacturing

Ah, pure poetry, that.


Downloads:

Jason Mraz (feat. James Morrison) - Details in The Fabric (from We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things, 2008)


All the mp3s available here are for sampling purposes only, and will only be available for upload for a maximum of two weeks. Please read the disclaimer before you download!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 25 June 2008 at 10:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like track #2... the words just seem to roll out nicely..

 
At 25 June 2008 at 11:43 , Blogger Sewjin said...

i'm addicted to the entire album!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home